[c-nsp] Thousands of tcp sessions stuck in TIMEWAIT

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Sun May 15 08:49:55 EDT 2011

It's all webvpn redirected traffic, from port 443 on the external interface
to sites all over, on various high ports.

I've also noticed that the sessions stuck in TIMEWAIT all show 0
retransmits, and the TIMEWAIT timer is always less than the clock timer
shown in the 'show tcp' output.

I'm really thinking it's a webvpn related bug, but I can't find one in the
bug tool for 12.4-24(T5) on the 1841 in the advsecurity feature set.

I about to the point where I'm going to create a TCL script and use the
event scheduler just to clear the TIMEWAIT sessions every 12 hours or so.

Thanks-
Joe