[c-nsp] CSCti84025

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:00:59 EDT 2011

Anyone run into CSCti84025 on a C6K, VS-S720-3C, 12.2(33)SXI3?

VRFs hardware re-mapping causing MLS/CEF inconsistencies

Symptom:

On a Catalyst 6500 series switches, connectivity in VRFs may be affected after
a large reconvergence. Another symptom of the issue is the presence of invalid
mls mpls entries :

Router#show mls cef mpls | i INVALID
583 731 INVALID punt
1377 675 INVALID punt
1379 9742 INVALID punt

Conditions:

This is observed on a PE running a fair amount of ebgp sessions between its
own VRFs.

Workaround: (none listed)

Interested in knowing what it "feels" like. We are seeing these
invalid entries, and have been experiencing random/cyclic packet loss.
I'm guessing invalid labels punting to control plane with CoPP
configured might result in seemingly random packet loss.

--
Tim:>