[c-nsp] Config sync utility

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Thu May 19 12:26:29 EDT 2011

Is there such a beast as something that can synchronize portions of IOS config and provide an output that an administrator can run through clogin or something (or in a perfect world, this tool would login to each node to and synchronize the relevant portions of the config itself)?  Something more sophisticated than a simple config diff.

For example, if I want to synchronize the logging and ntp configs on 30 IOS devices (for simplicity, we'll say that all these devieces are the same and running the same train of code being, at most, only one, maybe two maintenance versions apart from one another) against a master logging and ntp config block.

I've got all the configs backed up regularly via RANCID, but all RANCID does is provide a diff.  It doesn't have the intelligence to spit out an output that includes, for example, no logging host 1.1.1.1 before adding logging host 2.2.2.2.