[c-nsp] PWE3 suggestions?

Lukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri May 20 05:17:54 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-19 19:22, Mike wrote:

> I did find some cisco documentation but it was quite
 > sparse and did not discuss specfic platform support
 > nor specfic ios images which supported the pseudowire
 > commands it discussed. I have both a 7204vxr and a 3725
> and tried these on both but the cli doesn't understand
 > 'pseudowire' or any of the other related things.

A lot of configuration examples are either in IOS generic documentation,
or for platform specific docs. Here's an example of doing it on the
MWRs, IOS commands are universal to a big extent:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/mwr_2941_dc/software_config/guide/3_3/Pseudowire.html

In summary - for most of the cases with MPLS deployed between
PWE nodes you're doing xconnect between source interfaces. If you don't
have MPLS between nodes, you're either pushed to pursue L2TPv3 or
tunneling MPLS within GRE (scary, but doable and sometimes customers
choose that option).

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
  you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
  about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net