[c-nsp] IPv6 RA undesireable

Chris Conn cconn at b2b2c.ca
Tue May 24 16:59:52 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have an 1811 that is behaving strangely; we have a few "routers"
including this one for which we do not want to send any RAs or reply to
sollicited RAs.

They are all configured essentially as:

interface FastEthernet0
  ipv6 address 2001:2b8::2/64
  ipv6 enable
  ipv6 nd ra suppress

The IOS is 12.4.T4 on the whole lot, and when a IPv6 device is connected
to the network, the 7200VXR series do not answer the sollicited RA;
however the 1811 will answer and the device will configure itself a
prefix with SLAAC.

I have looked through the bug toolkit and found nothing, anyone care to
point out my failure or what did I miss in the bug tool?

Thanks,

Chris