[c-nsp] off-topic NMS Suggestion

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue May 24 22:42:05 EDT 2011

I'll put a plug in for PRTG, which personally I've been using to run
visual demos of some switching features for our product; but I've
been quite impressed with the depth of capability (custom scripts
with XML, full SNMP with custom MIB compilation, NFv5/v9 collection,
auto device discovery & sensor creation, and tons of other stuff).
The map function, which allows you to overlay live data/graphs on a
static image (network topology, geo map, etc) is pretty cool.

They have an operational demo here:
https://prtg.paessler.com/group.htm?id=0

Hope that helps,
Tim

At 06:41 PM 5/24/2011, Dan Letkeman mumbled:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759