[c-nsp] relation between heat and packet-loss

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Thu May 26 08:46:10 EDT 2011

This is a good point. However, what might cause switch failure in case
of high temperature? I mean I can understand when transistors of the
networkswitch CPU switch by themselves(resistance of semiconductors
should decrease with the increase of temperature which might cause
faulty switches), but I don't believe that (very) high room
temperature could cause such problems.. Or is there some sort of
temperature monitoring built into IOS, which will for example restart
the networkswitch when temperature has reached a certain level? If
yes, then is it possible to view the value of this threshold?

regards,
martin