[c-nsp] need good recommendation for isp gateway nat bgp pbr

Brian Roche brian at bcctv.net
Fri May 27 11:05:45 EDT 2011

Interesting dilemma with ARIN.  Because I was using NAT on my cable
modems they wouldn't allocate me enough to move away from them.  I had
to first demonstrate that I was using x amount of addresses before
they would allocate even with my justification that I had more than
enough devices to have 80% utilization if they'd allocate them.  I was
stuck because I didn't have enough addresses at the time to allocate
an outside address to each device but couldn't obtain them because I
was already using my limited space efficiently by using NAT (when I
say efficient obviously I mean from a IP usage standpoint and not a
design as we've made clear).  It made no sense to me but I was willing
to take what I could get.  The next 5 years is going to be fun for
companies in a similar situation like ours