[c-nsp] EMC Centera storage problems vs nexus 5K

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Sun May 29 08:46:52 EDT 2011

Hi Arne,
If all the links in this diagram are 10G until we get to the 2148 host
interfaces, then the 2148 is likely dropping as it is responsible for
buffering the speed mismatch.

You should look into changing the buffer allocation on the 2148 with the
no queue-limit and no buffer-threshold commands.  These will you give
you the maximum amount of buffer available, and then you can tune them
from here if you don't like the idea of shared buffering:

fex <id>
no hardware n2148t queue-limit
no hardware n2148t buffer-threshold

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/qos/421_n2_1/Cisco_Nexus_5000_Series_NX-OS_Quality_of_Service_Configuration_Guide_Rel_421_N2_1_chapter3.html#task_3F368F3C5E394547BCBA1AC70291DB29

John Gill
cisco