[c-nsp] downlink bgp interconnect best practices

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Tue May 31 06:21:05 EDT 2011

Hey everyone,

I would like to hear what are best practices when interconnecting
downlinks. We are small transit ISP, right now we are in middle of
network upgrade, and I would like to make network more redundant so it
less affect our downlinks when we having planed/unplanned maintenance.

Right now we have two borders 7201 and 7206 with 3 uplinks and 2 local
IX. And we terminate BGP session for downlinks at one of border, no bgp
multihop, all downlinks receive bgp full-view.

Thoughts, suggestions?