[c-nsp] BGP peer/customer routes

vince anton mvanton at gmail.com
Tue May 31 14:31:45 EDT 2011

Hi all

thanks for feedback. seems like different people are going around this in
different ways, some allow transit through peering links, and some outright
block this from day0

it surprises me that some people seem to be ok with passing transit traffic
over a peering link. I dont understand why you would want to do this, as to
me this seems abuse or misconfiguration (possibly not intentional), and
potentially very expensive, or loss of revenue.

the reason I asked the list for feedback on what is considered good/general
practise in this case, is that I would like as much as possible to have
considered all possible scenarios while building my routing/p-eering policy,
and avoid re-inventing the wheel with the risk of ending up with something
square instead of round !

and of course telling your peer/customer your policy from the start is
usually, well, good policy :)

Thanks,

anton