[c-nsp] Reciprocal console connections for CPEs

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Nov 3 06:13:38 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 09:45:43AM +0300, Gichu wrote:
> On 2 November 2011 19:33, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:
>
> > Been there, done that, works.
> >
> > I tried this not too far back. And yes it works, however, cpu usage went
> up from its average 2% and settled at the 50-60% range.
> Google told me this was caused by interrupts.
>
> Did you experience the same thing? were you able to resolve this?

There should not be any interrupts when you're not actually using this
(and we haven't seen anything like it).

So this sounds like "two sides spitting their login messages at each
other" - so make sure you don't have login enabled on the AUX ports.

What we have (this is on a 4700 with 16-port aysnc NP, but should apply
as well to "line aux"):

line 9
 location XXXX console
 access-class 9 in
 modem InOut
 no exec
 transport input telnet

(access-list 9 governs who can connect, "no exec" seems to be the
important bit)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de