[c-nsp] Changing VLANs

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 19:51:54 EDT 2011

Given the original spec, I would suggest something scripted with expect to telnet to the switch and change the parameters when you need them. You would then schedule it to run at the time interval you require.

There is nothing native on the switch that is going to do what you want, you will have to look at external tools.

If you want the PC to renew it's DHCP address every 5 minutes (when you change the VLAN it's connected to) then you'll also have to get your PC to drop it's IP and ask for a new one from DHCP at the same time.

regards,
Tony.