[c-nsp] Operational experiences of aggressive bgp keepalive timers in private-IP (non-internet) networks?

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Mon Nov 7 02:43:46 EST 2011

Not specifically on ISR's, but we ran BGP timers of 1/5 on iBGP peers for years without issue.  That included LAN, metro dark fibre, and interstate managed ethernet attached devices.  In the mix of devices were various generations of 7200's which would have far less control plane processing power than current ISR's

David