[c-nsp] OSPF issue

John Elliot johnelliot67 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 19:17:20 EST 2011

> Based on your previous post re multicast pings, it may be that your
> provider isn't passing multicast. If this is the case you can either
> get them to fix this (best) or statically assign neighbors in router
> config mode (sort of an ugly hack).

Thanks - If provider is blocking multicast, would we still be able to get an adjacency(albeit for a short time)?

> The results of "show ip ospf interface [interface name]" on both sides
> after configuring point-to-point on the interfaces would be useful
> information.
I've removed p-t-p conf, but recorded this when it was enabled on both ints:(Hopefully formatting doesnt make it unreadable)
R1
Port-channel1.87 is up, line protocol is up   Internet Address xxx.xxx.66.61/30, Area 0.0.0.0   Process ID 100, Router ID xxx.xxx.76.238, Network Type POINT_TO_POINT, Cost: 190  Transmit Delay is 1 sec, State POINT_TO_POINT  Timer intervals configured, Hello 10, Dead 40, Wait 40, Retransmit 5    oob-resync timeout 40    Hello due in 00:00:04  Supports Link-local Signaling (LLS)  Cisco NSF helper support enabled  IETF NSF helper support enabled  Index 6/16, flood queue length 0  Next 0x0(0)/0x0(0)  Last flood scan length is 1, maximum is 50  Last flood scan time is 0 msec, maximum is 4 msec  Neighbor Count is 0, Adjacent neighbor count is 0   Suppress hello for 0 neighbor(s)  Message digest authentication enabled    Youngest key id is 10

R2
Port-channel1.87 is up, line protocol is up   Internet Address xxx.xxx.66.62/30, Area 0.0.0.0   Process ID 100, Router ID xxx.xxx.76.248, Network Type POINT_TO_POINT, Cost: 190  Transmit Delay is 1 sec, State POINT_TO_POINT  Timer intervals configured, Hello 10, Dead 40, Wait 40, Retransmit 5    oob-resync timeout 40    Hello due in 00:00:00  Supports Link-local Signaling (LLS)  Cisco NSF helper support enabled  IETF NSF helper support enabled  Index 6/6, flood queue length 0  Next 0x0(0)/0x0(0)  Last flood scan length is 1, maximum is 45  Last flood scan time is 0 msec, maximum is 4 msec  Neighbor Count is 1, Adjacent neighbor count is 0   Suppress hello for 0 neighbor(s)  Message digest authentication enabled    Youngest key id is 10