[c-nsp] ASR1k - sampled netflow

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:51:09 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm having some problems with enabling sampled netflow on ASR1k
(running 3.1.3S). I've tried the following configuration (doing
netflow 9, with using standard netflow 5 records):

flow monitor FM-PEAKFLOW-INPUT
 record netflow ipv4 original-input
 exporter FE-PEAKFLOW
 cache entries 700000
!
!
flow monitor FM-PEAKFLOW-OUTPUT
 record netflow ipv4 original-output
 exporter FE-PEAKFLOW
 cache entries 700000

sampler SP-PEAKFLOW
 description sampler for Peakflow collectors
 mode deterministic 1 out-of 1000

When I try to enable it on an interface:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
 ip flow monitor FM-PEAKFLOW-INPUT sampler SP-PEAKFLOW input
 ip flow monitor FM-PEAKFLOW-OUTPUT sampler SP-PEAKFLOW output

it all works well the for the first interface, but if I try to add it
to the second interface I get the following:

% Flow Monitor: Flow Monitor 'FM-PEAKFLOW-INPUT' cannot be added as
the Sampler has an incomplete configuration.

I tried to '?-around' in the sampler configuration but there doesn't
seem to be any other option available. (I have tried 'mode random' for
the sampler as well)
If I remove the sampler I can apply the same monitor to multiple
interface without any problems.

Any idea what might be cause the problem?

kind regards
Pshem