[c-nsp] 7600 QOS Per Sub-interface

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Wed Nov 16 04:34:48 EST 2011

> You will need the ES/ES+ enhanced services cards to do what you want.  Or
> SIP/SPA type cards, but at this point ES is probably a cheaper option.
> There are not really any good options or ways to fudge it with a 7600 with
> the LAN type cards.

Unless you need the LAN cards specifically for the port density rather than the N x 1G bandwidth.  In which case, an external loopback cable from a single WAN port (of whatever flavour) into the LAN card, running the QoS on the WAN port on lots of sub-interfaces *can* get you there.  It's a nasty hack, but if you really can't afford the number of physical WAN ports you need...

Yes, I know you said "*good* options" :)

Regards,
Tim.