[c-nsp] QoS configuration conflict for flowmask on SVI interface behind FWSM

Joseph Jackson recourse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:34:05 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 11/16/2011 05:08 AM, Joseph Jackson wrote:
>>
>> Hey List,
>>
>> I'm wanting to apply a policy-map to rate limit a port that is a
>> member of a vlan that is configured as a firewalled vlan.  When I
>> apply the service-policy input to the port directly connected to the
>> server I get this message in the logs:
>>

>>  %FM_EARL7-2-SWITCH_PORT_QOS_FLOWMASK_CONFLICT: QoS configuration on
>> switch port FastEthernet1/5 conflicts for flowmask with feature
>> configuration on SVI interface Vlan912
>>

> Can you show the class & policy map you were trying to use, and the config
> of both interfaces (before you started)?

Here ya go.

class-map match-all limit-netcool-cdr
  match access-group 191
!
!
policy-map limit-netcool-cdr
  class limit-netcool-cdr
     police flow mask dest-only 2000000 62500 conform-action transmit
exceed-action drop
!

Directly connected interface -

interface FastEthernet1/5
 switchport
 switchport access vlan 101
 no ip address
 speed 100
 duplex full
 spanning-tree portfast
end

SVI -

interface Vlan912
 description ***OUTSIDE***
 ip address 172.16.213.11 255.255.255.248
 standby ip 172.16.213.13
 standby timers 2 5
 standby priority 200
 standby preempt