[c-nsp] Central services VRF, how to

Ivan cisco-nsp at itpro.co.nz
Wed Nov 23 16:01:05 EST 2011

A number of years ago I came across some limitations regarding the
number of route targets that could be associated with a prefix.  I do
not recall the details but one could imagine that there is some limit to
the number or RTs (64 bits) that can be attached to a prefix (exported).
  I have not been able to find any Cisco documentation but if indeed
this is the case the solution you propose would only be possible up
until a certain number of customer VRFs.

Googling found this good reference, although I thought the number I came
across was much less - perhaps an older softwrae limitaion.

http://blog.ioshints.info/2011/05/scalability-of-common-services-mplsvpn.html

Cheers

Ivan