[c-nsp] IOS XR BGP

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Fri Nov 25 11:01:35 EST 2011

There's no family aggregate in cisco.  That's one of the reasons people buy
junipers in the first place.  If you want it to disappear when the
comprising routes are gone you should redistribute and use the aggregate
address command.  You can also use suppress maps but I can't remember if
they work with IGP routes or not.  You'll have to look it up.   If your
internet routes are already in your IGP what's the problem with
redistributing them into BGP?  Usually the goal is to keep the public
routes out of the IGP, but that depends on your topology.