[c-nsp] vss and mlq qos 10g-only command

Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland arla at rn.dk
Sat Nov 26 11:30:10 EST 2011

Hi all

Can someone explain exactly what the vss command mls qos 10g-only does.
I know it changes queuing and buffer mechanism, but I'm a bit astonished by the impact.
We had a problem on a datacenter where we uses a VSS144 setup.
We have both vss links on the supervisior modules.
The problem was between Xen provisionings servers and Xen client hosts. The Xen client OS that is streamed to the client, had retransmissions.
After enabling the command all works fine.
We are talking max 3Gb certain rate. Can this really overrun the vss-links ??

/Arne