[c-nsp] OSPF question / interconnecting ABRs

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Nov 28 03:43:22 EST 2011

On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:50:39 AM Jeff Bacon
wrote:

> That might be an ideal end-game. I still need to finish
> flushing out EIGRP, though, and it's a
> continuously-in-flux network - we keep adding sites and
> kit and vendor connections seemingly as fast as we have
> time to string it all up.

Since you're migrating to from EIGRP to OSPF, as an option,
have you considered IS-IS as well? It certainly doesn't
suffer from the "all Areas must connect to the Backbone
Area" problem, so you can string the network along as wide
as you want without worrying about "breaking it up".

Of course, always go with what you're more
familiar/comfortable with. On our end, we chose IS-IS
primarily for this very reason.

But I understand that it may not be for you.

Cheers,

Mark.