[c-nsp] Applying cisco REP

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Mon Nov 28 11:55:51 EST 2011

Hello:

The one limitation of REP is no spanning tree.  So, if you're doing anything with a switch connected to two switches on the ring and using STP for redundancy, you'll need to modify your design to use something like a backup interface.

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael K. Smith - CISSP, GSEC, GISP
Chief Technical Officer - Adhost Internet LLC mksmith at adhost.com
w: +1 (206) 404-9500 f: +1 (206) 404-9050
PGP: B49A DDF5 8611 27F3  08B9 84BB E61E 38C0 (Key ID: 0x9A96777D)