[c-nsp] Nexus 7K - Multicast Question

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Sat Oct 1 06:24:11 EDT 2011

This is lab environment, I'm just testing basic multicast features with
nexus.

The command reference says the following:

"When you enter this command, the traffic generated is handled by the device
CPU, not the hardware."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/multicast/c
ommand/reference/mcr_cmds_i.html#wp1230243

The "ip igmp static-group" was replaced by the command:

ip igmp static-oif

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/multicast/c
ommand/reference/mcr_cmds_i.html#wp1034808

When I have the igmp joing on the physical interface, the (*,G) entry is
created then it disappears. But I see the (*,G) entry on the RP and I
verified that the traffic is actually sent to the nexus.

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt