[c-nsp] Nexus 7K - Multicast Question

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Sat Oct 1 15:40:43 EDT 2011

Hello Tim,

Very simple setup:

N7K11===CAT6500===N7K12

The RP is the CAT6500. The relevant configs bellow:

CAT6500 (The RP):

ip multicast-routing

!

interface Loopback0

ip address 3.3.3.3 255.255.255.255

ip pim sparse-mode

!

interface GigabitEthernet2/1

ip address 10.12.1.2 255.255.255.0

ip pim sparse-mode

!

interface GigabitEthernet2/2

ip address 10.12.2.2 255.255.255.0

ip pim sparse-mode

no ip mroute-cache

!

ip pim rp-address 3.3.3.3

!

N7K11 (The source):

feature ospf

feature pim

interface Ethernet1/27

  ip address 10.12.1.1/24

  ip router ospf 1 area 0.0.0.0

  ip pim sparse-mode

  no shutdown

ip pim rp-address 3.3.3.3 group-list 224.0.0.0/4

ip pim ssm range 232.0.0.0/8

N7K12 (The destination)

feature ospf

feature pim

interface Ethernet1/27

  ip address 10.12.2.1/24

  ip router ospf 1 area 0.0.0.0

  ip pim sparse-mode

  ip igmp join-group 239.1.2.3

  no shutdown

ip pim rp-address 3.3.3.3 group-list 224.0.0.0/4

ip pim ssm range 232.0.0.0/8

It works if the ip igmp join is moved to the loopback interface on the
N7K12.

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)