[c-nsp] C7600 vs. ASR 9000

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Oct 4 22:00:46 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, October 05, 2011 02:12:53 AM Mack McBride
wrote:

> It is an improvement but not much (with current gen RP).
> The primary improvement is using both fabric channels as
> active/active.

On the software side, one thing I would say is that before
you buy an ASR9000, make sure RPL does what you want. If it
doesn't, that's not an excuse not to buy it either, but just
one to ask your SE to get the features you want implemented.

As I've said on this list before, the RPL model, while much
improved from the route-map one, is less intuitive and not
on par with what we've known from classic IOS.

A number of features I requested are in the works, but your
environment might be a little more different.

Simple installations should not have an issue, as RPL covers
pretty much everything for your basic routing policy.

Mark.