[c-nsp] policing by mac address

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 13:55:45 EDT 2011

Hi Nikolay,

I could not find a documentation to confirm but I'd not be surprised
if having MAC ACL in a policy-map would not be supported. Might depend
on the platform and IOS though. For instance, MAC ACL in CoPP is not
supported on 6500 switches.

I think that could be the reason of having a separate "match
source-address mac" and "match destination-address mac" command as
well apart from the "match access-group" command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/command/reference/qos_m1.html#wp1038658
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/qcfmcli2.html

Best regards,
Andras