[c-nsp] Cisco 7200 router with AAA problem and nvram corruption

root net rootnet08 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 11:51:57 EDT 2011

Hello,

Just want to confirm what should be done. I have a router that resulted in a
bad NPE 225. Had a spare NPE 225 but it wouldn't work for some strange
reason. So had an old NPE 150 laying around so inserted. When the router
came backup noticed that a message flashed nvram corrupt on console. All
circuits came up lovely but now I can't access the router to possibly move
circuits to different router.

I have the router configured with AAA for local and no backup
authentication. (Silly)

What should be the steps I take to recover access to router so I can setup
AAA for local and backup auth?

Thanks,

rootnet08