[c-nsp] Faster BGP Failover

Vincent Aniello vincent.aniello at pipelinefinancial.com
Tue Oct 11 13:02:45 EDT 2011

> Can you be a bit more specific about the config?

We have two routers, the first router has two Internet connections, ISP A and ISP B.  The second router has a backup connection to ISP A.  All three connections take a full BGP routing table and the two routers peer with each other via iBGP.  The connections to the ISPs are Ethernet.  We recently had a failure of ISP B and the Ethernet interface stayed up, but the BGP peer went down, which is what prompted this question.

> This is presumably an eBGP session across a local interface?

Correct.

> What platform & IOS version?

7206 routers running the 12.4T IOS train.

Thanks.

--Vincent

Disclaimer: Any references to Pipeline performance contained herein are based on internal testing and / or historic performance levels which Pipeline expects to maintain or exceed but nevertheless does not guarantee.  Congested networks, price volatility, or other extraordinary events may impede future trading activities and degrade performance statistics. Pipeline is a member of FINRA and SIPC.