[c-nsp] DHCP with superscopes

Srikanth Tallapragada srikanyc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:55:29 EDT 2011

I have a requirement where I need DHCP working for secondary IP address
configured on a SVI.We have the both the subnets configured as superscope on
DHCP server.And i have following configs on my nexus switches which are
running VRRP.The DHCP server is in same vlan (On primary IP address
network).The server is not dishing out IP's on secondary subnet.Is there
anything else i need to do to make it work?
I know DHCP usually won't work with secondary IP address, but I thought
superscope will fix that problem.

interface Vlan640
  no shutdown
  description SERVER DRAC / ILO VLAN [alter with care]
  vrf member BE
  no ip redirects
  ip address 10.10.244.2/23
  ip address 10.10.226.2/23 secondary
  vrrp 64
    priority 110
    address 10.10.244.1
    no shutdown
  vrrp 164
    priority 110
    address 10.10.226.1
    no shutdown

sh vrrp detail vr 64
Vlan640 - Group 64 (IPV4)
     State is Master
     Virtual IP address is 10.10.244.1
     Priority 110, Configured 110
     Forwarding threshold(for VPC), lower: 1 upper: 110
     Advertisement interval 1
     Preemption enabled
     Virtual MAC address is 0000.5e00.0140
     Master router is 10.10.244.2

sh vrrp detail vr 164
Vlan640 - Group 164 (IPV4)
     State is Master
     Virtual IP address is 10.10.226.1
     Priority 110, Configured 110
     Forwarding threshold(for VPC), lower: 1 upper: 110
     Advertisement interval 1
     Preemption enabled
     Virtual MAC address is 0000.5e00.01a4
     Master router is 10.10.244.2