[c-nsp] Faster BGP Failover

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Oct 14 00:02:30 EDT 2011

On Friday, October 14, 2011 05:08:26 AM Peter Rathlev wrote:

> Are there no downsides to this at all?

None that I have seen. Been running it since it came out.

> Does that depend
> on platform?

Not sure.

We use on the NPE-G1/G2 with SRE.

The command is present in IOS XE, but when we deploy it is
doesn't appear in the running configuration. Maybe that
means it's on by default.

We use it on the ME3600X, although in 12.2(52)EY*, the
command has a nasty habit of being disabled after reboots.
You can simply put it back (CSCtk67412).

We use on the 3560G switch with 12.2(52)SE or later.

It's not supported in IOS XR, probably because that has PIC.

> The "Usage Guidelines" for IOS 12.2 Routing
> Protocols do not mention any, but there must be a reason
> why it's not default. Or isn't there?

Well, we haven't any problems with it.

Cheers,

Mark.