[c-nsp] zx sfp with DOM

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:15:56 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 07:25, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> At least on the 6500 (which is closely related to 7600) LAN cards, DOM is
> absent - for example on 6748-SFP. No convincing explanation has ever been
> given AFAIK; it just doesn't do it, with ANY transceiver.

My recollection was that it was stated that the 6748-SFP did not have
the electronics capability to query the DOM information (a limitation on
the ASIC/FPGA/whatever).

I also seem to recall that someone said that later versions of the
6724-SFP card were silently upgraded to support it, but it is still
officially unsupported, so it is the luck of the draw whether you
get one (either via purchase, or RMA) that supports DOM.

Gary