[c-nsp] EoMPLS on a pair of 7201's

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Oct 15 00:42:15 EDT 2011

On Friday, October 14, 2011 11:23:21 PM Chris Hunt wrote:

> As far as I know, EoMPLS isn't supported by the 7200
> line.  I believe that the closest that the 7200 line
> gets to EoMPLS is xconnect.  We run Layer 3 MPLS on
> them, but I don't believe Layer 2 MPLS is supported.
> We're running 12.4T.

Not true - EoMPLS is very much supported on the 7200's. We
have tons of pw's running across 7200's, 7200's and other
Cisco kit as well as 7200's and Juniper kit.

Works like a charm, including interworking between disparate
Layer 2 protocols, e.g., Ethernet + PPP, PPP + HDLC, e.t.c.

I'd recommend the OP run IOS 12.2(33)SRE* at a minimum.

Cheers,

Mark.