[c-nsp] 1Gig->10Gig port-channel migration

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Sat Oct 15 19:20:30 EDT 2011

If minimal impact is the worst you want to experience, is there any reason
this cant be done during network trough, i.e. (usually) early morning?

To pop a couple of 1g links out of the bundle then add the 10g links in
couldnt take more than a couple of minutes. Send a memo to your most
important users/customers and/or stick something up on your website a month
in advance and let people know about an impending brief disruption to enable
improvements to the network.

Thats what I'd do anyway, and take the the day off, come in later, or work
from home.

I just get the feeling that if you want to go to the trouble of migrating
the old links to a new Po interface for the sake of cosmetics, you might
aswell just go for broke. :-)