[c-nsp] Running OSPF on PE-to-CE

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Oct 16 05:24:26 EDT 2011

On Sunday, October 16, 2011 04:02:38 PM ar wrote:

> Can somebody tell me why this route is being prefered?

Not really an answer to your question, but along the same
subject:

Just curious how many of you are still supporting IGP PE-CE
routing protocols.

We've effectively stopped, allowing l3vpn customers to talk
only Static or BGP routing to us.

I know there could be "legacy" circumstances, but are you
still encouraging it, even today? I know earlier in the
century, a major concern was the number of software RDB's
available to routing protocols such as OSPF, in IOS, which
had an impact on how well you could scale VRF-aware OSPF.
But even if scale could have gone up, an IGP for PE-CE
routing just doesn't feel right (practical problems
notwithstanding, of course).

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Mark.