[c-nsp] ASR9k CWDM Optics - Using EWDM

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Oct 16 05:28:08 EDT 2011

On Sunday, October 16, 2011 05:19:28 PM Gert Doering wrote:

> So in theory, IPoDWDM with FEC is a cool idea.

Forget theory, I've seen it in practice - it's beautiful
:-)! The testing we did showed anywhere between 15ms - 25ms
for reconvergence on a CRS, far better than the industry's
50ms, and pretty much making the case for the BFD haters.

Of course, real life can throw up a few more surprises, but
all in all, good promise.

It just doesn't make sense for us when we take the entire
topology into account, and how infrequent link failures
cause any major/noticeable issues for service.

YMMV.

Mark.