[c-nsp] Advertising connected subnet in BGP (more specific) - design advise needed

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Tue Oct 18 12:15:05 EDT 2011

As others have said you should probably make the other route a /25 as well.
Also, you may want to advertise both routes from both sides and make one
version less preferred. If one of the /25 disappears you'll blackhole
traffic.  As for outbound traffic if you add a second vrrp group as master
on the other CE as a second default gateway you can split the outbound
traffic as well if you haven't already done so.  Design wise, seems like an
IGP would be better here unless this is some kind of L3vpn service.