[c-nsp] best way to terminate channelized oc-3?

Vinny_Abello at Dell.com Vinny_Abello at Dell.com
Tue Oct 18 17:35:43 EDT 2011

Actually the OPTI-3 is a good fit for this. I think I have 3 of them deployed in various places breaking down protected channelized OC3's down to 3 DS3's going into PA-MC-T3's or PA-MC-2T3's in 7206's. There isn't a whole lot to learn or configure on them. Once you set them up, they just run. The carrier grade Adtran gear I've used is solid. As far as I know, there is no PA for the 7200 series that will accept a channelized OC3. Pretty much everyone seems to go the OPTI-3 route. There is a thread out there mentioning that the PA-MC-STM1 which breaks down the STM1 into E1. I don't know enough about the framing types at that low of a layer to know if it can be configured with framing to work with an OC3 or even break it down into T1's. Someone smarter than me might be able to answer. :) (I have a feeling the answer is "no", however).

-Vinny

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of randal k
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:38 PM
To: cisco-nsp
Subject: [c-nsp] best way to terminate channelized oc-3?

Hive Mind,
We're terminating an army of T1s in various locations on multiple DS3s, and
are looking at consolidating a couple key points into OC3s. However, it
seems like there is no channelized PA for 7206s, which are our preferred
platform for this kind of thing. It also seems that there isn't a suitable
NM for th 38xx or 39xx, either. Recommendations on a way to terminate these
Ts? Thinking Adtran OPTI-3, but we're an all Cisco shop with very little
Adtran experience. If I missed something, please let me know - all input is
appreciated.

Thanks!
Randal