[c-nsp] re-advertising eBGP learned prefixes

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Oct 20 08:25:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 03:27:53PM +0400, Andrey Koklin wrote:
> I need to re-advertise some eBGP-learned routes to another eBGP peer, like:
>
> ClientA---> ASX---R3-AS2---> R1-AS1--(ibgp)--R2-AS1---> R4-AS3
>
> BGP advertises only prefixes originating in the same AS.
> But we need to propagate some prefixes further to another eBGP-peer.
>
> Do there exist a solution for such a thing?

Maybe.  Like, get a router, which has a BGP config.  And then *show*
that to us.

BGP has no problem in redistribution eBGP-iBGP-eBGP - actually, this is
the normal behaviour, unless you have filters in place to prevent that.

BGP will never(*) do redistribution eBGP-iBGP-iBGP, though, so depending
if your setup has multiple iBGP links in sequence, this will prevent
prefix propagation.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de