[c-nsp] Faster BGP Failover

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 14:42:08 EDT 2011

On 10/20/2011 07:36 PM, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
>>> I agree that it should be default these days (it is in XR&  NX-OS),
>
>> Honestly, if you guys were to get into changing the defaults, I
>> think "no ip proxy-arp" should really be top of the list ;o)
>
> That too is off by default in XR and NX-OS.

Great. All I've got to do now is drop a few hundred thousand on a
forklift upgrade to a new platform, and I'll save myself a couple of
hundred lines in the NVGEN!

Seriously - it's good they changed it. But I will not accept they can't
change defaults in IOS. The move to 15.0 was a perfect (missed)
opportunity to change the defaults to something sane.