[c-nsp] non-existing input errors on 6500/SXI...?

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Fri Oct 21 14:17:32 EDT 2011

Gert,
Are the errors incrementing, or are they going up/down over time?  There
are a couple of bugs with counter outputs where they are
read/initialized incorrectly.

Can you look at "show int counters trunk" for wrong encap?  The 2960G
uses DTP by default, so it may just be those frames hitting the
interface.  Switchport trunk encapsulation on the 2960G should be set to
be dot1q.

Also, check L3 interfaces (vlan interfaces or no switchport interfaces)
for anything regarding input queue drops:
sh int | inc is up|Input

show queueing interface gi1/9 could also show queuing drops on input.

Regards,
John Gill
cisco