[c-nsp] MPLS TE to use 2 default routes?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Oct 21 23:25:40 EDT 2011

On Saturday, October 22, 2011 02:35:33 AM Phil Mayers wrote:

> ...in particular, the "autoroute metric absolute" is
> needed to fix the metrics so that the tunnels are
> equal-cost, yes?

That's right.

> Do I want "autoroute announce"? Since the routes I care
> about are BGP, the only thing I need to tunnels for is
> to force the IGP cost to the iBGP loopbacks to equal.

The iBGP Loopbacks are IGP routes, so yes, you probably want
'autoroute announce' (IGP Shortcuts) so you don't have to
manually fiddle with getting routes to use the tunnels.

> In terms of my original ascii diagram, will the presence
> of these tunnels on R4 induce R5 to send traffic upwards
> to R4 (and via the tunnels) when it might previously
> have sent it directly? Or are the tunnels "local" to
> each router and not advertised into IGP?

Not if you're using IGP Shortcuts. This could get really
complicated if you use FA's, so I'd rather you didn't unless
your use-case is special :-).

Cheers,

Mark.