[c-nsp] nvram private-config ??

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at princeton.edu
Tue Oct 25 13:58:08 EDT 2011

I am running SXI3 which has the SSH bug that stops SSH logins from working if you change the HOSTNAME.

Well... I went and changed the hostname and now ssh fails and have to use Telnet until I find a fix or reboot.

I have tried the procedure to remove the phantom key, but it is logging that it can't find the private key.

I thought the keys were in NVRAM and was wondering if I ERASE the NVRAM and then do copy run start, if that might clear things up, but not sure what else gets erased, other than startup-config.

There must be a way around this without rebooting.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University