[c-nsp] 15.0(1)SY: IPv6 BGP neighbours remain idle

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 27 04:10:04 EDT 2011

I was brave (or stupid?) enough to try 15.0(1)SY on sup2t. It appears to
work otherwise ok with our simple setup except IPv6 BGP. The neighbours
remain in the idle state. When enabling debug bgp ipv6 unicast I see the
algo following line in the logs:

nbr global [...] Active open failed - route to peer is invalid

I can ping the neighbour address from the router. Route and CEF tables
agree on where the peer is. What am I missing here? Is there some
specific parameter I need to enable so that IPv6 BGP would work on the
15.0(1)SY? The same config worked on 12.2SX (sup32) and also on
12.2(50)SY (sup2t).

I have the option of switching back to 12.2(50)SY but I would like to
find out why this problem appears on 15.0(1)SY.

Cheers,

Matti