[c-nsp] 15.0(1)SY: IPv6 BGP neighbours remain idle

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 27 05:45:42 EDT 2011

Phil Mayers wrote:

> Hmm. I just tried it with an iBGP neighbor on our test sup2T running
> 15.0(1)SY (talking to a sup720 running 12.2(33)SXJ1)
>
> Seems to work:

Good to know it's not (completely) broken. Then there's quite likely
something weird in my configs.

> Which IOS image are you running? What IGP?

IOS is s2t54-ipservicesk9-mz.SPA.150-1.SY.bin and IGP used is OSPFv3.

> What's the output for "sh ipv6 route <neigh>"

rtr#sh ipv6 route 2001:708:110::2
Routing entry for 2001:708:110::/112
  Known via "connected", distance 0, metric 0, type connected
  Redistributing via ospf 65511
  Route count is 1/1, share count 0
  Routing paths:
    directly connected via Vlan334
      Last updated 04:47:19 ago

The issue affects both eBGP and iBGP for IPv6 which I forgot to tell
earlier. The BGP neighbours are Juniper routers.

--
- Matti -