[c-nsp] Unable to transmit tagged frames over q-in-q tunnel

Laurent Geyer lgeyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:47:42 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Keegan Holley
<keegan.holley at sungard.com>wrote:

> Your diagram got mangled.  I think your PE facing interface has to be a
> tunnel as well depending on the type of router you are connected to.

Assuming that the user port was an access port for vlan 1006 before, nothing
would really have to change on the PE configuration.

The dot1q-tunneling configuration simply stacks a Vlan 1006 tag on top of
the frames received from the user port. For all intends and purposes
everything else stays the same.

Keegan - Your configuration looks fine, are you 100% sure that the customer
is sending tagged frames?

- Laurent