[c-nsp] 6500 fabric switching mode ??

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Mon Oct 31 15:00:27 EDT 2011

Will the switching processor or routing processor on a sup720-3B incur more CPU load if its switching mode is BUS vs dCEF?

It looks like it would be best for me to upgrade mod 3 to something that supports a fabric connection.

If I run "show fabric switching-mode" on 6513 I get the following…

Note the sup runs in BUS mode because of the non-fabric module in slot 3….

Global switching mode is Truncated
dCEF mode is not enforced for system to operate
Fabric module is not  required for system to operate
Modules are allowed to operate in bus mode
Truncated mode is allowed

Module Slot     Switching Mode
   1                 Crossbar
   2                 Crossbar