[c-nsp] ME 3600X questions

Vincent Touchard eigahqu2 at latouche.info
Fri Sep 2 06:30:27 EDT 2011

Yes, kind of patch panel, with one interface per "department".

The goal is to extend site A to site B during their move.
On the LAN side, one interface per "department" and several vlans per
interface. We do not control the network of the departments (number of
vlans, vlan ids, size of broadcast domains, ...).
Solution #1 whould be to do QinQ, with one outer vlan per department.

One concern is the potential broadcast implied by large broadcast
domains spread accross the 2 sites.

We also need to do some QOS to allocate a minimum bandwidth to each
department, and possibly do more granular QOS per departement based on
DSCP/COS/L4 fields coming from the LAN.

We are considering EoMPLS/VPLS as an alternative to QinQ, but have little
to no experience with it.

Regards,
Vincent