[c-nsp] ReUSE AS number per VRF

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Sat Sep 3 10:52:35 EDT 2011

It really depends on your network.  It's not inherently dangerous though.
I've even seen it done intentionally with the AS path looping used to
prevent certain customers from accidentally talking to each other.  That of
course is the caveat.  If you ever have to import routes from one VRF into
the other you'll have to remove the reused AS.  It could become cumbersome
if there isn't a record of what AS's are used in what VRF's.