[c-nsp] limited bgp traps

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Tue Sep 6 04:03:32 EDT 2011

Hey,

We are configured bgp traps with command "snmp-server enable traps bgp
state-changes limited", to only receive basic established and down
traps. What I noticed and if bgp peer goes down, we keep receiving trap
bgp down every 45 seconds.

I understand this because it actually changes state from down to
active(trying to establish tcp session) and after timeout goes down
again thus sending trap again.

Is this behavior by design? I don't actually expect receive another trap
until it change state from what I define(down or up).

15.0(1)M3 is here.

Thanks